spring!

spring!

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Look at that. 
     Yes,
 that is a christmas pic on my heading...
early isn't it!
I searched for christmas quilts and this was one of them. 

It has been a while since quilt guild.  I didn't attend one meeting, we had an anniversary dinner, (35 years) and although I love to eat out, I find I sometimes get a rash from whatever there is in the food.  Sometimes bread will do it, cookies, crackers...quite often..soup!....it's some additive.  I just don't like to be out by myself in case it starts.  With allergies, you never know when you will be affected or how badly.  Yes, I carry an epipen with me at all times..even vacation, but not on the beach.....haha...no where to put it.
Sounds like everyone had a great time, though.
I went to my other guild meeting last week and we had a potluck.  Just sweets and savouries....good stuff!
We also had a speaker.  We were shown 8 quilts from Ailsa Craig's Quilts of Israel.
Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take any pictures.  And there I was with my camera and cell FULLY charged.  Oh well...
There was one quilt that we were shown called Women on a Balcony.  It created a visceral response in me, as the speaker told us of the quilter, and  the inspiration for her quilt,  (I believe it was based on a painting) she made this quilt because she had the same response...Anger...the women were dressed in burkas!   I wonder why we feel this way?   Because we feel the women are being repressed?...or because we can't see their faces, but they can see ours?
The quilts were fantastic.  Some very different ones.  Quilting has no history in Israel apparently, but is becoming popular.  Ahh, the influence of the modern world! haha
I just might get the mister to take a drive up to Ailsa Craig for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment