spring!

spring!

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Things have really changed around here.
I haven't blogged for a long time.  Or even sewn much for that matter.
I had one sister-in-law pass away from cancer.(the mister's sister).  In hindsight, I think she had ovarion cancer all along .  (they removed an 18 pound growth from her ovaries a couple of years ago, said it wasn't cancer and they got it all.)  and..  She never really felt better.
That put a damper on Christmas....the mister was in a bit of a funk and I didn't nag him about it.
On the bright side, my sister came back to Canada to live and is about 20 minutes away from me.
Where she lived before, she had spotty internet service, so we couldn't Skype, emails were iffy and phonecalls expensive.
But, now she is close and it's easier to keep in touch.
The mister and I are TRYING to lose weight.....lol...he put on weight through the holidays.  I didn't.  But now watching what we eat, he is losing faster than me...the bugger...We have been walking or trying to walk.  We have a snow storm just after Christmas and the side walks weren't cleared very well. 
I hurt my knee walking on the ice and snow...and overdoing it didn't help much.  But the weight is leaving .......(I still have a few little chocolate bars from hollowe'en! hehe)

I have been working on one paperpieced quilt (spiderweb).  I have been spending DAYS pulling out the paper.  GOSH! what a messy job.  From now on, I will not be using paper but a paper like wash away foundation instead.
I used paper in my farmer's wife sampler and I am dreading tearing that out.

1 comment:

  1. Men always lose weight faster than women. I have no idea why. I gave up on that score. I'm happy and if I'm happy too bad for the doc.
    Good to hear Maggie is back closer to you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete