spring!

spring!

Wednesday 23 January 2013

I have been picking out paper...and picking out paper............... and picking out paper.  It seems like it never ends.

It's a horrible job, especially on this spider web quilt.

I put most of the SW quilt together, then found the paper was really in the way.
Imagine having a queen sized piece of paper that you are trying to get through the sewing machine.
I decided, (when I couldn't keep the seams straight), that I would now remove it.
The big pieces came out okay.  Smaller pieces in the seams were harder ....the crumbs are a royal pain in the eyes.  I pick at those with tweezers.
So, of course, I have little bits of paper all over the house. 
I've been taking the quilt outside and giving it a shake once in awhile.  That helps...I am vacuuming my sewing room often, but still dragging little bits around.  I find them in the family room, living room....in the bedroom. 
No, it's not the cat, MissT playing with them.....she has been hiding on a heating vent for days now.

So now I have most of the paper out.

I decided to press the top, which I did and found a bit more paper.  The laid the top on my bed to see how it looked, and to judge the size.

The mister doesn't like a quilt or sheets and blankets to hang over the edge too much.  The last quilt I made I listened to him and made it shorter..
Hmmmm..
He's pigging the blankets and I am cold.  I barely have any over the edge.
So, I am not going to accommodate him,  I want it longer on the sides.
I had another row to sew on the quilt, which I've done now. ...and started picking out the paper from that row.  Half finished.  I am seeing an end to this quilt ...FINALLY.
I haven't decided yet if I will put this on the frame or not..either way it will be machine quilted.
And......
My Framer's Wife Sampler is calling me.
It wants to be finished too...hehehe.  I am more than half finished it
I sat down at the machine on the weekend to make some doll "backpacks and book bags" for Courtney and one of the patterns for FWS fell into my lap.
I have the same paper in the one, but I don't think it will be as bad to remove as the spider web quilt.
BUT, from now on, I am using the wash away paper.   I have some, there is lots on the market now, the price should be coming down, but, I don't care how expensive it is...it is a lot less work.  I would have been done by now if I didn't have to remove it...plus all the cleaning...gee ...who WANTS to vacuum....not me.  I keep it mostly to clean out the sewing machine!!  lol.  Besides, my time is worth the cost.
So, if you hear me say I will use "paper" again....hit me upside the head and remind me what a mess this was and how much I "LOVED" picking out the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment