spring!

spring!

Thursday 7 December 2017

My goodness it has been a long time since I posted... I really don't know where to start!
So I will just begin with the grandkids...
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are all grown up and no longer require my care, so now I am more or less free to do all the sewing all day that I want  Although Thing 1 (Hayley) does require my car now and then...... she has 2 part time jobs and is part of the robotics team at her high school.  Last year her team came in third in all of Ontario.  They have never hit the top three before , so they were quite happy!   Oh my gosh, she is almost 18!
Thing 2  (Courtney) is in high school now too.  She has a part time job too!  She has turned 14.  Both have grown into very pretty young ladies.  We still have a family dinner night so I do get to see the girls at least once a week.
Neither one asks to go and sew anymore.   Maybe as they get older they will come back to the machine. 
I have certainly been busy at the machine!  Both quilt guilds I belong to have had a push on to make at 150 charity quilts for Canada's sesquicentennial.  150 year anniversary!  and I believe we made that plus more for both!  My hands and wrists were sore from hand binding all the quilts that I worked on, so I needed to learn how to machine sew on the binding.  I could do it but it didn't look that nice...I needed more practice and I certainly got it.  Now I feel more confident sewing the binding on completely by machine.  And I think I will use that method more often!
Sew...that's it for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment