spring!

spring!

Monday 29 August 2011

"The Farmer's wife" the beginning

There are a few blogs already about the sampler quilt "The Framer's Wife..the book by Laurie Aaron Hird . "The Farmers Wife"..It's a collection of letters from women on the farm in the 1920's stating whether or not they want their daughters to marry a farmer.
I wonder...did they ask if sons wanted to marry a farm girl?... and 111quilt blocks that they inspired, anyway...quilt blocks accompany the letters and a quilt is featured..
A friend made hers and I saw a pic and was inspired....I thought , I will get the book and the CD (Electric Quilt) and get started.  It's Monday morning so off I went to my local quilt store AND..... IT WAS CLOSED!! for the week..so I went to Chapters and ordered them both..they said it could take 6 weeks....now I wait with bated breath..

No comments:

Post a Comment