spring!

spring!

Friday 4 November 2011

November

Fall is definitely here,  most of the neighbour trees have dropped their leaves.  Our 2 trees out the front  have just all turned....almost overnight..Monday they were still green!   As soon as they fall I want rake and pick them up, I want those leaves for the compost box!  I still have some flowers blooming, although we had a frost the other day and it knocked out all the impatience, the alysium is still going strong and smelling FABULOUS!  I have a miniature red rose just outside the back door and it is still full of buds and blooms.  If I try to bring any in , they just wilt. The grass is so green, it's luscious, best it's looked since spring.  These last few days have been fabulous...warm, 50's plus and mostly sunny.  There have been some cloudy periods, but it has been mostly glorious.  As far as I am concerned, we could have weather like this for a few more months...then just have maybe just a little snow for Christmas.  The weatherman says this fabulous warm weather will end soon.

In my sister's area in New England they got slammed with snow this past weekend.  Two feet of snow and the snowbanks were 6 feet high.  Good thing she has a neighbour with a tractor to move some of the really deep snow for them.  At lest they never lost power.  no power..no heat.. I was able to talk to her and they are fine.  She was telling me that one of her co-workers had lost power and was using a generator....and as you  can imagine...Carbon monoxide started to build up in her home.  If it wasn't for people phoning her, she would have succumbed to it..911 was called!
  I love the snow when it is clean and new fallen. But not 2 feet at a time.  In this area the snow gets dirty and yucky really fast.  I love to see the big fluffy flakes falling and me all cozy and warm with the fire blazing in the fireplace and a hot cuppa tea, ....and maybe some of my friend Margaret's gingersnap cookies.  And the silence that a blanket of snow brings.  Just makes me want to cocoon.
I hate ice storms, or even winter rain..that cold goes right through you..
It seems like we don't have moderation in the weather anymore. they are calling it......Snotober

No comments:

Post a Comment